47 Second Street, Camden, NY 13316
315-245-2180

Our History

Town of Camden

The Town of Camden was established as a political unit in 1799, when it was formed from the Town of Mexico, Oswego County.  Later, the Towns of Florence and Vienna, and a portion of Annsville, were created from Camden.  The Village of Camden was incorporated on May 2, 1834, and the first election of Village officers took place that same year.  The present boundaries were established in 1864.

Agriculture in the Town was mainly of the subsistence type until about the time of the Civil War, when dairying and the manufacture of cheese became important.  

Read More

Our Community

The Town of Camden is a robust community. As the foothills of America, we are a strong community with an independent public library, local museum containing the history of our citizens, manufacturing, and growth. Our excellent school system services over 2000 students by providing them with a sound educational background while at the same time enriching them with athletic, music and art programs.
LEARN MORE

Legal Notices & Archives

SEE ALL ARCHIVES

Employment /Board Member Opportunities/Announcements

Town of Camden Highway Department

is looking to fill one open position: 

Heavy Motor Equipment Operator

Must have a CDL Class B License with no restrictions.

Further requirements & application can be found online under the Highway Department:  camdenny.gov

or by calling 315-245-2180.

Read More